Dearly beloved daughters of the Lord,
We trust you are resting in the infallible word of God in Psalm 91:1-10. The protection of the most High God will be on us and all that is ours in Jesus name. The mercy of the Lord will reign in our land and the peace of Christ will be restored to our nation in Jesus name, Amen.
This is an unusual and unexpected pandemic situation (Covid-19) that is facing the entire world at a time like this, our political leaders and science does not have the solution, only our God has the solution as all things are held together by Him. He will surely have mercy on us and stay the effect of this ravaging virus in Jesus mighty name Amen.
After much deliberation and consideration we have decided to cancel the WIM 2020 Canada retreat as the only appropriate date (September 4 to 6) from the hotel is conflicting with many planned events. This decision comes from a heart of responsibility and stewardship to our communities, consequently we will not be having a retreat this year. We therefore encourage parishes or zones to have a few hours of retreat together as female ministers this year.
The 2021 retreat will be from March 26 to 28, 2021 God willing, if Jesus delays His coming.
We sincerely apologize for all the inconveniences that we all feel as a result of this cancellation but we know, that our God will work all things for our good in Jesus name Amen. Rom 8:28.
The following changes have been made:
- New date: March 26 to 28, 2021
- Registration fees: For all who registered and paid for WIM 2020 retreat, your fee and registration still holds.
- Hotel reservations: For those that made hotel reservations directly with the hotel, their reservation has been cancelled automatically and you should have received an email from the hotel in respect of this.
- For all third parties, please read the policy you signed while you were making the initial reservation. Sorry we are not be able to help.
- Airline and Train tickets: For those who already purchased their tickets directly from the airlines, you should have received an email with the option either to reschedule before December 2020 or refund. This can be done online as there is a long wait on the telephone. We advise to ask for 100% refund. Same goes for the Train tickets, please ask for 100% refund as this can be done online.
We will communicate any changes or adjustments to you if any, as we receive any update that may affect you. Let us use this time to raise a cry to heaven as we trust God to calm this storm.
We want to sincerely thank all our planning committee members, all team leaders, team members, of note are the prayer team, registration team, hotel reservation team, all those working secretly behind the scene day and night and choir who has spent a lot of time rehearsing and preparing for WIM 2020 retreat. May the Almighty God reward you greatly in Jesus mighty name, Amen.
Thank you for your patience, understanding and heart to accommodate and forgive us at a time like this. Be rest assured that “the scepter of the wicked will not remain over the land allotted to the righteous. . . . .” Psalm 125:3
We greatly appreciate you all for bearing with us in all these adjustments.
God bless abundantly and keep you all till 2021 when we will meet to have a big celebration of the faithfulness of the Lord.
Yours in His service,
For: Women In Ministry Canada
Pastor Bukky Olawale
Women In Ministry Canada
“Reaching, connecting, and empowering women”